People has asked me why I use the nickname Flamingo. It is a sweet memory for me. One day my son brought me home from school a Flamingo on a
key chain. He explained it was from they box they could choose from when they had enough class points. He told me that the Flamingo reminded him of me. I could not see the
resemblance at all so I
asked him about it. He said the Flamingo's did not care what people thought of them, they just lived their lives the way they wanted to, just like you do mom, you do not care what people think about you joining the church or living the gospel, you just do it. Three more times that year he brought home more Flamingo's for me and I have proudly hung them from my visors in my vans ever since. One has since gotten broken but the other three hang there as a daily reminder that I am not to be afraid what people think, I am to live my life the way I want and I am to help others see that the gospel really can make a difference in peoples lives. I have a few other Flamingo in my house and someday I will have them in my yard again like I did in Utah, the smaller ones that the wings turn in the wind reminding me that I might get blown around in this world but my base it strong and secure as long as I keep it Anchored to Christ.
1 comment:
That's a cute story. I have always known you liked flamingos but didn't realize that was the reason why. Thanks for all the stories you are sharing! I enjoyed reading your converstion story.
Post a Comment