The Elders had set up the interview for Jeremy, Robert and I on a Thursday evening. An Elder came down from the Denver Mission Home to conduct the interviews. He took Jeremy in the other room first, then Robert and I was last. I had been very nervous about this becasue they told me I had to know all the names and dates from the church history and they would be asking me many questions. I could not remember all the details and was very worried that I would not pass the interview. Then it was my turn to go in. I sat across from the Elder and he said to me "So why do you want to get baptised?" I said oh that's easy and began telling him my story and why it was important to get baptised. He just sat back in his chair, smiling while I spoke. When I finished talking he said "I will never get tried of hearing that story." "I just met you tonight, when have you heard my story before?" Then he said, "Oh, you're a big hit back at the mission home." Then he went on to tell me how he and his companion had been the ones to take Elder Ballard's call and that the Mission President had been in contact with Elder Ballard to keep him up on the progress I was making. He said that all the missionaries in the district knew about me and my story. Then he said that I would be able to be baptised and he did not even ask me any more questions, what a relief!
The day of the baptism came and I was so worried that something would go wrong that I went and picked up the missionaries from their zone meeting and we kept them at our house most of the day to make sure we were going to get baptised. The baptism went smoothly and we were confirmed that night as well.
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

1 comment:
I am so glad you have shared your conversion story! I have listened to the copy of the talk you gave and thought it was one of the best stories out there.
You are truly a blessing to everyone you meet. Your testimony and story will bring many to the gospel and closer to Christ!
Keep up the great work on the blog!
Randy
Post a Comment