How can we show Heavenly Father our gratitude for all that He has done for us? That is my focus right now, concentrating on the good blessings in my life. I have to stop thinking about what I USE to have and what I WISH I had and focus on the here and now and all the blessings in my life. Heavenly Father is so good to me. I have a wonderful family and we have food to eat and a home to live in. We have cars to drive and work to drive them to. All of my children are able to go to school and they all attend church and church activities. We are free to practice our faith without fear. We have a good church family who cares about us and prays for us, whether they live here in Arkansas or back in Utah, the prayers go to the same place. We have cell phones so that we can keep in touch with each other any time we want or need to. We have a web camera so that we can watch Bailey grow up even tho she is hundreds of miles away. We have two dogs who alert us when people come around, even if it is at 11:00pm.
So how can I show Heavenly Father my gratitude for all that He has given me? I can joyfully go to Him in prayer and thank Him. I can read my scriptures to learn more about Him and how I should be living my life. I can attend Conference on the Internet and at the meeting house and rejoice in the things I hear there. I can attend my meetings on Sunday and I can read my lessons ahead of time to be able to take part in the lessons. I can focus on learning everything there is to know about the new Family Search so that I will be an asset to my ward. I can be available to help others when it is convenient for them even if it is not convenient for me. I can really, really try to do my visiting teaching and not find excuses about the gas money and the time it takes to drive that far. But most of all, I can focus on teaching my family how good God is to us and the struggles we are going through is just to make us a stronger vessel for Heavenly Father to use. I love you Father!
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment