Sunday, September 28, 2008

My New Calling

Oh My GOSH!!!! I am soooo excited! Joy and I were late getting to church even though we left 45 minutes before it started! We had to stop in and see Linda who is sick. Anyhow, Jennifer was saving us a seat and we walked in with about one minute until they should have started and Bishop motioned for me to go into the hall. He said he was sorry to do this with short notice but they had a calling for me. He told me and I was so excited, I have been called to be one of the family history counselors!!!! I am so excited, I spent all afternoon and evening yesterday on the site and I love it and I didn't even know I was getting the calling!
I am so blessed to be called into something that I love doing. They are going to start Sunday school classes and they even have a plan to get everyone to find an ancestor to take to the temple. They don't know that I have been through all that before - YES - I finally don't feel totally stupid when I have been called to something. I learned so much the first time I had this calling back in Utah and now I can put that experience to work here. I'm so excited, that I just can't hide it (are you singing along?). Anyhow, I know that we were sent here for a reason and this is one of them, the kids and I all can help. We LOVE getting to know peoples ancestors. I will keep you posted.

No comments: