When I read last weeks Relief Society lesson I had so many questions, I was hoping that they would be answered at church. I left with even more questions but reading ahead to the next lesson I have hope that they will be answered then. I now understand that Heavenly Father took some of the matter that was already out there and formed our Spirits. This was an answer to some of my questions. Reading Jennifer's history lesson for the week, when talking about learning from our mistakes, it quotes from Ecclesiastics 1:9 saying "...there is no new thing under the sun". It hit me so strong at that moment, I understand now, everything has already happened before and will happen again, if not in this world then in the worlds to come. The mistakes I have made have been made by others before me and will be made by other after me if they do not learn from my mistakes. How can they learn from my mistakes if I do not tell others what I have learned? How can I learn from others mistakes if they do not share them? We are all here to help each other. If we see someone going through things we have experienced, we need to share our experiences and then let their agency take them through it in their own way. EUREKA. I can tell my children what I have learned but I have to let them experience it themselves and make their own decisions and hope they remember my lessons and choose the right. We share our children's joys and sorrows as we watch them learn and grow. They bring so much love to our lives. With each child our love grows larger and deeper. The same goes for Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father's joys and sorrows come from watching us. We must do a better job doing the things that bring him joy and try our best not to bring Him sorrow. Have you read Ecclesiastes lately? You should reread it keeping in mind that Heavenly Father is speaking to us and explaining that our search for happiness lies in Him.
I can hardly wait for two more weeks until we get back to the Plan and I can learn more about what happens after this life. I hope you all read up on this so that that my many questions might be answered!
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment