Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Liken the Ensign

I love reading the Ensign, I try to read the articles and see how I can apply them to my life. I try to put myself in the story and liken it unto me. I love the article about the Lord enabling imperfect people to work beyond their natural abilities. I think I spend too much time focusing on all my faults and worrying that I can not do things. I have to tell myself that God can use me even with all my imperfections. Moroni 10:32 helps me to remember that I have to forget about myself and focus on doing the work I was sent here to do and I can only do that with the help of my Heavenly Father.

I loved the article reminding us to inquire of the Lord. We spend too much time asking others what we should do or telling our friends how we feel and we sometimes forget to talk to our Father. We need to remember to go to Him in our joys and in our sorrows. We need to tell Him our secrets and our fears. We need to pray without ceasing. We need to thank Him more often and let Him know how much we love him.

Prayer and Scripture reading is what is going to help us protect our families. We need to take the things we learn and use them in our lives. We need that to help us hold on to our beliefs. This is a trying time and we must remember who we are and where we came from but even more than that, we must do what we need to do so we, as a family, can return with honor to our Father in Heaven.

No comments: