Kids grow up so fast. It is hard to believe that Jeremy is married and now a daddy and Jack is off at college, Jennifer is a Senior and Joy is a Sophomore.
I have always loved the scripture Proverbs 22:6 that states: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
I think about that scripture often as I see my children do things that I worry about. I probably did the same things as a child but I would hope that I have brought a different way of thinking to their lives than I had as a child. I loved my church experiences as a child and all the friends I made searching for the right church. I would not trade them, they made me who I am today but I hope and pray that I have been able to bring something more to my children's life, something more to hang on to, to share with others. I watch them and realize that they know so much more than I have been able to teach them and I credit their primary teachers and YM/YW teachers who were more than teachers to them but also friends. They had wonderful Bishops along the way, men they could turn to for guidance and role models. I am very grateful to all those who have shaped my children into the wonderful people they have become. There is a song called "And then they do" about your children growing up and you can't wait for a stage of their life to get over with and then they do move on and I think back now on all the times I spent with my children and I am very blessed to have been there to help guide them. I love spending time with my family and I am grateful to know that someday we will be sealed together and be able to spend forever together.
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment