Prayer is a sincere, heartfelt talk with our Heavenly Father. We pray for strength and we pray for forgiveness, we pray for guidance and we pray for protection. We pray to show our love and to feel closer to our Father. Prayer is a mighty tool. Some people pray to Heavenly Father morning, noon and night without missing a time. They pray by themselves and they pray as a couple and they pray as a family. Some people only go to Heavenly Father when things go wrong. They cry out to Him for help, to be rescued or to be strengthened. My problem is that when things are going bad I tend to pull away from my Father and try to handle things on my own. It is like a teenager pulls away from their parents to prove they are mature enough to make the correct decisions. When things are going great I pray many, many prayers of thanksgiving but those prayers lessen as times get harder. I am trying to work on this. I can see the pattern and I am trying to break it. I love my Heavenly Father so much and sometimes I feel like I am a burden to Him, like I should stop complaining to Him or asking for something all the time. Then I remember that I am suppose to search it out in my mind and then go to Him for help, to see if I am on the right track. My goal is to become a better listener at the end of my prayers. I must remember that I have had my turn to talk and now I must give Him a turn.
1 comment:
I've been studying this topic just today in my scripture study, and found a really neat activity in Preach My Gospel. Go to the chapter called "Recognizing the Spirit". In the section on prayer, there's a nifty chart where you can evaluate how you feel you're doing in your prayers. It is very hard work if you do it the way the directions say to go through the chart! But I feel like I learned more today that will really strengthen me than I have in a very long time. Try it! Very interesting exercise. :)
Post a Comment