Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chapter 9

Prophets of God
When I joined the church President Hinckley was our Prophet so I have only heard two Prophets of the church speak. You can feel the love they have for us even tho they have not met us. The first presidency and the 12 apostles are all prophets but THE Prophet is the President of the church who holds all the keys of the kingdom. I believe it is not enough to just believe that President Monson is a prophet but we must also pray for him and learn from him. We must listen to his counsel and study what he says. His words come from God as if it were God himself standing before us. I love President Monson, I believe he keeps himself worthy at all times so that he can hear Heavenly Father when he speaks.
I have a testimony of Joseph Smith. I believe that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in that grove and they spoke to him. I do not believe that Joseph Smith was a perfect man, he just tried his best to do as he was asked. He repented when he was wrong and learned from his mistakes and became stronger for that.
I believe in the Prophets of old and that they had struggles but over came them enough to get Heavenly Father's work done.

No comments: