Today I am blessed to be able to teach Jennifer's Sunday School class. The lesson is on following the example of Jesus Christ. He is the perfect example of how we should strive to live our lives. It is a nice reminder to try to be more like Him. The Savior said "What manner of men ought ye to be?" then answered "Verily I say unto you, even as I am" and that got me thinking, are there things in my life that I could change? I decided to start making a list of things I needed to change and then I realized that the list of things to keep the same would be much much shorter! I have taken the challenge that I am going to give the girls today,
Live for 24 hours as if Christ were right beside you seeing everything that you do. In the lesson a girl begins with the way she set the table, instead of a wrinkled tablecloth with stains on it she put out a clean one and even picked flowers from her yard to put in the middle of the table, even tho it was just her family eating dinner, she stated "I don't know of anyone I'd rather fix things up for than our own folks". Why do we only bring out the good china when company comes and even then it is not all company that gets to use it? Why do we treat others better than our own family? We do not have to use it everyday but why not every Sunday or any other day of the week we choose? I will let you know how my 24 walk with Christ goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment