December is my favorite time of year, I can talk freely about our Savior and people listen! I am able to talk about His birth and it does not offend anyone. I can play Christmas songs on the TV in the waiting room and no one complains that I am playing religious music. The Spirit of Christmas is what I love. People are in the mood to help others out. They freely give of their time and talents and money to help those less fortunate. They smile more and open doors for strangers and don't complain as much when standing in line to check out and they expect traffic and plan for it. If only more people carried the Spirit of Christmas all year long, what a wonderful thing that would be! As my kids are getting older they look forward to Christmas in different ways than when they were young. I remember the excitement of decorating the tree and talking about each ornament they hung and sitting in the dark room at night just watching the lights. This year I did the tree all alone, no laughter, no stories. I watch the lights by myself at night and remember all the fun of Christmas past and look forward to the day when my grandchildren will help me put up the tree and make new memories. Our children grow up too fast and are out on their own before you know it. Make the most of the time you have with them. I think about Dana who has one married and many more all the way down to just starting elementary school. She can see all the stages at once and is enjoying being there for all the kids. I think missing Mike coming around makes her enjoy Carson all the more. We can learn from our kids and that will make us better grandparents. I am glad for this time of year, I love to smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment