To my wonderful children,
During church today it was said that if we knew we were about to die what would we want our children to know? I decided I would write to you so that you would know how much I love you. The greatest desire of my heart is for us to be together for eternity. I want you to be able to stand strong in your faith and to return to Heavenly Father with honor. I want you to know that I believe with all my heart that this is the true church. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves each one of us. I know that Jesus Christ suffered and died for us but even more than that, I know that he lives. I know that he volunteered to come here and die for us so that we would have the right to choose for ourselves. I know that he was born in a lowly manger and rose to great heights on that cross, and he did it all for us, for you and for me. I know that he lives and that he is there for you. I know that if you go to Heavenly Father in prayer he will answer your prayers, not always in the way you want, but in the way you need. We go through trials here so that we can become stronger. We learn to go to Heavenly Father during those trials and to seek His wisdom to make it through them. We learn to become closer to Him and to be more like Him by our choices we make and the paths we follow. I pray that you will learn to hear His voice and follow it all the days of your life. I pray that you will have the courage to stand up for what you believe in and share the gospel with others. I pray that I will have the wisdom to teach you the things you need to know so that you can become mighty warriors in our battle here in this estate. I pray we can all be sealed together someday soon. I pray for each one of your spouses that they will be a great help in your journey back to Heavenly Father and that they will treat you as the sons and daughters of God that you are. I pray for your children and the wisdom you will need to raise them in these troubled times. I pray they will fight the good fight and in the end remain standing strong. I love you more than words can describe. I love you so much that it hurts when I have to watch you make mistakes and I wish I could go through your pain for you but I also love you enough to let you make your mistakes and grow from them. I don't want you to ever doubt how much I love you or how much I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment