Last Sunday in church one of the speakers talked about praying everyday for 20 minutes straight and how it changed his life. I decided to take that challenge and get up at 5:00 am so I could fit it in along with my own prayers and the family prayers. I not only pray for 20 minutes but record in my prayer journal who and what I prayed for and then I want to be able to go to that journal when I am down and read about the things and hopefully I will be able to see how God works in our lives. I started off the first day and went about 45 minutes trying to get everything in. I was very thankful and then prayed for everyone I could. I have continued each day since then and I find it very rewarding to take time to pray for others and I am excited to be able to go back later and record how their lives have changed. I find my love growing for each person I pray for, even those I do not know their names. I may never hear how number 25 on the flames basketball team gets healed but I feel a comfort when I pray for her so I know she will be fine. I have spent much more than 20 minutes a day each time and I feel better all day long. My own prayers are getting shorter, lesson learned - less time on myself and more on others!!
No comments:
Post a Comment