Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ecclesiastes

I was reading in Ecclesiastes a few days ago and there was something that touched my heart but I was running late for work so I did not write it down. Then I could not remember what it was. Tonight it jumped out at me again and so I am posting two times tonight, sorry but I don't want to forget again!
Chapter 3: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.
How many times have you read this or hear this or watched Foot Loose and heard him quote it? I have hundreds of times, it was one of my favorite things growing up, seeing how many things I could remember it talking about. I never had the passage hit me so hard as it did the other day and then again tonight. There is a time, here on earth, for everything and we must embrace the stage we are at in our lives and make the most of it. We are suppose to do something right now, right in this part of our lives. Find out what that is and just do it. President Monson said "This is your time. What will you do with it? Are you where you want to be with your life? If not, what are you going to do about it?" (Three Gates to Open 14 Jan 2001)
I need to be grateful for the season I am in and the place I am at. I need to be thankful for the time I have with the kids who are still around. I need to make the most of everyday and not get drug down with the worries but find the joy in things to keep me built up. I need to surround myself with happy people and when around negative people, take the opportunity to bring a bit of joy to their lives and not let their outlook bring me down.
I am where I ought to be so I need to say the things I ought to say, when I ought to say them. This has always been hard for me, I have spoken my mind throughout my life and sometimes I should have kept quiet and waited for the proper moment to say what I had to say. I probably would have done it more tactfully. Sometimes I have hurt peoples feeling with my opinions and I am truly sorry for that, please forgive me. I have passed up the opportunity to say things when I should have been more outspoken and for that I am truly sorry. I look back on my life and regret not telling more people about the gospel. I regret not telling people more often that I love them (I love you all!!) and I regret not talking to my Father in Heaven as often as I could have. But this is my time now and I need to take the time to do what I ought to do. My problem is that right now, I don't know what that is. So back to the scriptures I go . . .

No comments: