I remember kneeling in prayer one day asking Heavenly Father to make me the strong person He needs in order to get my work done in this estate. BIG MISTAKE. I have learned that you will often get what you ask for but not always in the way you want. I have grown stronger through the many trials we have been given. I know that the medical problems and the financial problems we have endured have made our entire family stronger. We still struggle with the trial of separation, with Robert's work taking him away most of the time and Jeremy and Lora and Bailey living so far away. It is painful not be able to see them when we want and to talk to them about everyday stuff. Sure we talk on the phone but the calls do not contain the simple everyday joys of life, what they are feeling about things and seeing their eyes light up as they talk about an experience. I can't wait until we are sealed together, knowing that we will be able to spend all eternity together. I can see the growth in myself and also in my family as we continue to try to become the people Heavenly Father needs to continue his work here on this earth. I can't see the big picture as Heavenly Father does but every now and then I catch a
glimpse of why we endured such hard times as we are able to help others through things we have already endured and easing their burden somehow makes it worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment