Elder Martinez of the seventy spoke on Our Personal Ministries. Keep these words in our minds and in our
hearts “He who serves in some thing is good for something, he who serves in no
thing is good for nothing.” There is
great worth in each of Heavenly Father’s children and the Savior focused on the
individual and the family. We each have
a personal ministry here on this earth; we must learn to tend to the needs of
others just as Christ did. “First
observe, then serve.” Heavenly Father
and our Lord, Jesus Christ knows us individually and personally. They know our needs. They place people in our path to help us and
we are placed in other people’s path to help them. Our service and personal ministry are not
limited to the living on this earth. We
can also do work for the dead by doing family history work. But we can also minister to the living by
keeping a journal of family histories to turn the hearts of the living towards
the family, those living and those who have gone on before us. We need to link our families, generation by
generation. My personal ministry is to
focus on my family. I am the welding
link that holds the family together, not just my husband and children and
grandchildren but our ancestors as well.
When we joined the church we were the pioneers of our families. We were the only members on either side to
join the church. Three of us were
baptized that day, Jeremy, Robert and I.
Now we have 12 of us in the church, our children, their spouses and our
grandchildren. I have given great
service to my family and I try every day to serve them in some way. I tend my grandchildren for free so their
parents can have a little bit easier time of it. My service to my children and grandchildren
is given freely and with love. My family
service does not stop there. I search
out my ancestors and their children and grandchildren so that they can be
together as well. Long ago I realized that my personal ministry was to weld together our
family, those in the past to those in the present to those in the future. It is my greatest desire, to have my family
all together in the Celestial Kingdom and I will spend every minute that I can
working towards that goal.
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment