Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chapter 10

Scriptures are the word of God written down by men. When we take the time to read our scriptures we gain knowledge not only about the past but about the future and how to survive in our current situation. We can find the answer to all of our problems by searching the scriptures. I find that I am a much better person when I read my scriptures daily. I have prayed over the scriptures and have found for myself that they are true. I love my Heavenly Father even more for speaking to me through the written word. I try to read my scriptures daily. There are times in my life when I do not fail, I read them every day and learn much from them. Then there are times when I read them most days and find myself frustrated on the days I miss because I find myself not being the person I could be. Then there have been times where I have gone for weeks and yes even months without reading my scriptures on a daily basis, only reading them when I was searching for something. I have found these to be the hardest times of my life. I do not have the patience I should or the compassion that I should. This has taught me to try harder to do what my Father in Heaven has asked of me so that I may receive the blessings He has for me, even in the simple day to day things of life.

No comments: