Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blessings

I am at Jeremy and Lora's house for two weeks to help out with the new baby. My second day here I was making egg rolls and one of them dropped back into the hot fat and splashed on my hand giving me 2nd degree burns in three places. After getting ice in a bag for me, Jeremy asked if I wanted a blessing. Oh my, it is so nice to have someone in the house to give you a blessing when you really need one! Usually we have to wait until Sunday and we get to church to see if someone will give us a blessing and by that time we are over the worse part of whatever is hurting us. Then last night I was able to witness Lora's Dad give Jeremy a father's blessing to help with all the stress he is under right now. Last night was the first time in a week that he has gotten peaceful sleep. Everyone needs a priesthood holder in their home to give blessings. It is a powerful gift from Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love the Priesthood. I have a very strong testimony about Priesthood blessing. There have been numerous times I have been so grateful that Randy honors the Priesthood and is able to bless our home with it. It truly is a wonderful gift from our loving Heavenly Father.