Some of my notes from church today: Am I the kind of Mother I want my daughters to be? The example I want my sons to look for in their spouses? The gospel is there, use it and follow it. We must all lose our life in unselfish service. Do we act when we see something that needs to be done or do we wait until asked to do it? In our service, do we worry that it takes time away from what we want to do or are we grateful to be helping Heavenly Father? Lose ourselves, think of others. Take time to enjoy life along the way, cherish your family and always be there for them spiritually as well as temporally. Stand by our word, be a foundation of trust. We have a responsibility to hold up our end of the Lord’s work so be honest in all our dealings whether at work or in any other area of our lives. So many people have made sacrifices greater than I, stop complaining about the ones I have to make. Why are we here? Is it just for the mansion? We are here to be tested and to serve with love. Ask yourself, is what WE want what the Lord wants? We can receive further light and knowledge when you do what you are commanded to do. Pray to be lead to where we are supposed to be not where we want to be. I’ve asked you to do this, are you going to do it or not? Your promptings could be the answer to someone else’s prayers. If we are asked to do something great we would do it, why do we struggle doing the little things?
What do I get out of all this? So many times today during church I was prompted by The Spirit to stop trying to control things. I am to go where Heavenly Father needs me to go even if that means to a neighborhood where I do not know anyone, where I have never been. My success in my mission here on earth depends on how much I follow Heavenly Father’s plan for my life not how much I can do on my own. Sometimes I have to step back and realize that Heavenly Father sees the whole picture and I can just see a tiny piece of it. I know without a doubt that it is time for us to move and be there for our children. I now accept the fact that I am not to push my wants on Heavenly Father and simply go when he wants me to go, where he wants me to go and stop murmuring. It is not REALLY a hard thing he asks of me, so I will go and do!
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

1 comment:
Beautiful, Mary. I loved seeing what stuck out to you during the same meetings I was listening to. :)
Post a Comment