Sunday, November 2, 2008

Slack in my studies

This week I have been slack in my studies and my prayers have been lacking the time I should be giving. I have repented and I WILL do better this next week. I have learned a few things. I truly feel better mentally when I give the correct time to my prayers and scripture reading. I am in a better mood. I treat people better. I am more cheerful. So why would I not take the proper time everyday and do what I have been asked by my Father in Heaven to do? Why do kids disobey? I think that sometimes we are lazy and sometimes we think we don't need to do it. I have watched my kids as they struggle with growing up and wanting to be the adult but not quite there yet. They want the best of both worlds, the playing and the grown up attitude all at once. I then look at myself and see the same thing. I want to make my own decisions and slack off on things I know I should be doing by playing around but I know that it is wrong. I need to be a better example to my children. People watch us and judge us by our actions and I need to be more like my Savior and always see the good in people and be there when I am needed. I can only be there when needed if I have done my scripture reading and studying and can talk about the things I am learning and be that example to others. It is a choice and I choose to live my life with all glory going to my Heavenly Father.

No comments: