Things happen for a reason and we do not always know what that reason is. Sometimes I wonder why so much happens to us, things we can do without. I watch to see God’s hand in our lives and try to focus on that instead of the negative. When the deer jumped onto the hood of the car I was very grateful that the girls had already slammed on their breaks, seeing the deer ahead of time. I have no doubt that the deer would have smashed through the windshield and hurt both girls in the process but because there was divine intervention they were both uninjured and the car only has an indention the size of a baseball. It could have been much worse.
I wonder why we are struggling with the ability to get school work done and keeping a computer working. With the girls homeschooling and doing their work on the computer they must be connected to the Internet and with Jennifer’s computer still in the shop it is a struggle to get both girls on one computer. I am sure there is a lesson in here somewhere but right now I am not seeing it. I know these struggles sound small compared to others but we each have things that test us in this life and we are judged as to how we handle them and what we can learn from them in order to help others. I loved our lesson in Relief Society this past week when we were talking about the Light of Christ. It was such a special day and I went home and studied more about how we are special because we choose to be. We choose to go to church and we choose to do our callings to the best of our ability. We choose to believe what we do. We choose to be happy and get up out of bed each day with the promise that if we will do our part then Heavenly Father will do His. …Choose you this day whom you will serve; … but for me and my house we will serve the Lord… Joshua 24:15
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment