Today in Relief Society we were told that our Bishop has issued a challenge to all of us. We are to discover what our talents are and then develop a new talent. We are to use that new talent to help someone this year. WOW what a challenge. First we were to think about what our talents are. I have always had a problem listing my talents, it always makes me feel like I am bragging about being able to do something. We have talents given to us from Heavenly Father and we are to use them to help others. Now I have to sit here and try and figure out what talent I have so that I can develop a new talent.
I know what I want to develop does that mean I no longer have to list my talents?
I want to learn how to layout and plant a garden. I want to learn how to care for that garden and then harvest it. Then I want to can and freeze the food I grew so my family can profit with healthier meals and a healthier lifestyle. I want to be able to share this new knowledge with my children. I want them to be able to learn these things now and not wait until they are older. I also want to help with the WARD garden that our new ward does every year. This way I can learn from others and share what I have learned at the same time.
So that is my goal this year, I am going to rely heavily on my good friend Dana Cooper to help me learn as much as I can. I am also going to seek out other people and other ways to learn more about this. I am going to look for local classes and read up on different ways to garden. If anyone reading this wants to help me learn, please let me know!!
Jeremy turns 32
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment