I was invited to my old ward's Women's Conference yesterday. Sister Dibb was the guest speaker. I did not know who she was but during her talk I found out her father is President Monson. She spoke for about an hour and a half. She is an excellent speaker. She made jokes about women taking notes we never read again, and frog lanyards and many other things. She gave such great advice. I took a few notes but was so busy listening that I did not get much written down. Here are a few of the things I got out of her talk.
We need to keep up with the changes.
We need to listen to the brethren, gain testimonies of them and then we can get alot more out of their talks.
Our conscious is that inner voice that someone is watching us.
I will stay on the path back to Heavenly Father. (I loved the hand motions for that. make fists with your thumbs extended out and touching. Press forward and then upward with them and extend your hands upward towards Heavenly Father. The fists look like you are gripping the iron rod!!)
We will go through whatever we have to so our children can be with us.
People are so afraid of failing that they don't even try.
She read us a book called The girl who never made a mistake. What are some of the mistakes we are so afraid of making? What "eggs" are we juggling?
If you love me, keep my commandments. Forgiveness is a challenge.
Sometimes we have the mistakes so we will never repeat them again.
Write down all the things that are going wrong in your life. Now write down all your blessings. Then tear up the negative page and get rid of it. Focus on the positive.
Forget yourself and look to other. Keep a service calendar or journal to look back on when you are discouraged (I have a journal).
The 10 commandments are about relationships. Relationship with our Heavenly Father then with our family then with our fellow man.
Put my will aside and listen to the teachings that will keep us on the path to happiness.
Not all prayers are answered, it depends on the Lords will.
Love the Lord, Love thy neighbor.
FORGIVENESS AND LOVE and then do the best we can.
I will have to come back when I have time and expand on these notes.
No comments:
Post a Comment