Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Posts from Jack

Here are a few lines from Jack's emails:
I'm sorry I dont write much but my days are long and super busy the work is great out here, I dont have much time. We even have been doing appointments on our p-day, so I didnot get to write letters this week like I wanted to. Sorry I'll try this next week but we have a pumpkin contest this next week at zone conference so that might take up our p-day we'll have to see. The work is picking up tons for Fort Meade and we are finding more people to teach, so our days are super busy. Tell Joy to thank her seminary class for the letter, hope they got my letter back to them. still ain't baptized yet but thats okay, soon we hope, if he can quit smoking. He is trying but it is hard. Conference was great. I'm behind on my journal I have not got to do it the last two or so, days were to busy. So I'm going to try and catch up on that. ummm I love you all so I don't write as much. But I'll try and find time. Love Elder Deaton

Here is a little about me and the east coast. Colder much colder and I love I woke up this morning to 36 F degrees weather. mmmmmm... I love it. The work is going great and hey all those of you that don't open your mouth at all about the church better start and read Elder Bednars talk form conference. Tt was great!!!! Any way so I see miracles almost every day out here and you can too if you just look for them. Like the other day, we biked our butts off to get to these peoples house I almost pasted out and they were not home. :( But the Lord had their neighbor see us and say hey you guys want a coke. (heck yes we do if it gets us in the door.) and so we taught him the first lesson. bam, awesome the Lord opens windows for us to share the Gospel left and right. No joke just look around you and start talking and people will start asking you why this and that. Tell them what you believe then if you can't answer their questions get them pretty boys in suites with name tags on and they'll help ya. ya know, EH? any who, I love the Lord's work the church is true and so help fellow ship every new member and person you see at church then need that fellowship. I don't care if there not cool, and look funny. They are children of God also. and you are no better than them, so say hi and how ya doing, so time alright? thank form your Southern Elder in the northern east coast coming to ya live / through e-mail. Elder J M DEATOOOONNNNNNNN.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is awesome! We both laughed when we read his letters. Thanks for sharing them!!