Friday, July 3, 2009

Memphis

We arrived at the church at 6:05am and Bishop arrived shortly afterwards. It was nice that Jack had a mentor to take to the temple, I would be of no use to him but if Jeremy could not be here, there was no one else Jack would have rather had take him through than his most important friend. We talked about many things on that 2 1/5 hour drive (it takes 3 from home) and Jack slept off and on the entire time. When we arrived I felt like a fifth wheel (or 3rd wheel in this case). Jack and Bishop entered the President's office for their interview and I was all alone for the next two hours. A trip down memory lane and suddenly I was crying but softly so no one would notice. I watched as a group of youth came in and one of the boys was so small and was smiling ear to ear talking about how this was his first time to the temple. I clearly remember Jack's first time and the crowd of friends he had with him and how happy they all were even though it was early in the morning. I finally went and got dressed and sat around in the dressing room waiting. It seemed like forever before we were allowed to go in and sit. Jack and Bishop came in a little bit later and I was so very proud of the choices he had made and seeing him there in all white and taking it all in. When we go to Utah, Jeremy is going to take him to the Salt Lake Temple and he will get a different experience there. Afterwards we just sat in the room and Jack was deep in prayer. I touched his knee, Bishop has to get back they are packing today to move. Jack nodded but made no attempt to move. After a while longer I got up and left to go change and Jack sat quietly praying. We finally got photos out front and then left. We stopped at Burger King on the way home. Bishop and his family are moving and this was their last weekend here in Arkansas. His wife gave up alot for us that day and I will be eternally grateful to her to allow Bishop to leave on that hectic day for them to be there for Jack.

1 comment:

coachodeeps said...

Wow! Jack has matured so much! I can't wait to see you all!

Thank you for all your postings. Keep them coming.

(I don't get to the computer for much other than bills or work...so I am spending an hour today for the first time in a long time to check on blogs of friends!)

Randy