Monday, February 2, 2009

13 Years ago

It was 13 years ago that I began reading the Book of Mormon for the first time. I read it all the way through while the Missionaries were teaching us for those 24 days. I did not study it, I just read it to make sure there was nothing in there that I did not agree with. I wanted to make sure there was no contradicting messages and that there were no cult teachings. There were not any. It was a peaceful feeling when I read, very familiar messages. I believe with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is just another testament of Jesus Christ. I love the way that Christ taught everyone and not just a select few. I love the fact that everyone was important to Him and He left no one out. If the Savior stood beside me is such a wonderful song. I had looked up the history of the song and had it prepared to share with the Young Women's class I was subbing for last week and then when I got there I found out that they were beginning to learn it for an activity this next week. I was grateful to know that I was in tune enough to listen to The Spirit and prepare the way I did. The song is all about stopping and thinking if I would do the things I do if the Savior was standing right beside me, watching over me. I hope the girls take to heart the things the song says and treat people with the respect they should.

1 comment:

Alyssa McVey said...

That's so wonderful that you were in tune enough to know the Book of Mormon was true and that it helped you to teach the YW such an important message.